Seven people including two 15-year-olds have been arrested after a huge street fight that left one teenager fighting for his life today.

Perpetrators were filmed swinging baseball bats and allegedly wielding knives during a terrifying brawl that left seven people in hospital including one 15-year-old boy who is being protected in hospital by a police guard.

Footage of the fight in Luton shows two rival gangs battling in a fracas at 4.50pm outside a takeaway, it has left the 15-year-old in hospital fighting for his life.

Some of the victims are said to have suffered stab wounds during the incident in a residential street north-west of the town centre on Sunday afternoon.

Witnesses said some of the victims were left bleeding in the street.

Nazmul Islam, who works at a Grill Hut Peri Peri in a neighbouring road told Mirror Online: ‘I saw two people who had been wounded. Some ambulances came and they were treated.

He added: ‘Both of them were boys. I saw that they were bleeding.’

Bedfordshire Police said it received reports of a ‘large number of individuals fighting’ in Saxon Road at 4.50pm.

Emergency services took some people to hospital for medical treatment ‘after reports of stab wounds’.

A 15-year-old boy was taken to hospital with serious injuries and remains in a critical condition.

Six other people, including three teenagers, were taken to hospital for further treatment with serious injuries, including stab wounds.

Seven people have been arrested. Scene guards were put in place on Saxon Road and neighbouring Biscot Road.

Those arrested are males aged 37, 36, 33, 31, 16 and two young men, aged 15.

Chief Superintendent David Boyle said: ‘I understand this incident has caused concern amongst our communities, particularly as footage of the incident has been circulating on social media. I want to reassure residents in Luton, and those who live in the immediate area where the incident took place, that we’re taking this incredibly seriously.

‘Quite clearly, this kind of behaviour is not acceptable. I want to send a very clear message that we will not tolerate this kind of activity and will do everything in our power to bring those responsible to justice. Any kind of activity involving weapons is an absolute priority for the force and we’re responding robustly.

‘We have made a number of arrests in relation to this incident, and an investigation into the circumstances of the incident is ongoing. I would ask that anyone who has any information or any mobile phone footage, which may help our investigation, to get in touch with us.’

Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting incident 299.